Navigating the aftermath of a car accident can leave your mind racing with countless thoughts and concerns. It’s during these overwhelming moments that you need to take action, and firm co-founder and personal injury attorney Miguel Custodio emphasizes that knowing the right time to reach out to an accident lawyer is crucial—and it’s sooner than you might think.
What should you do before calling an accident lawyer?
- Before anything else, gather all evidence and information linked to the accident.
- Document the scene by capturing detailed photos and videos of the damage on all vehicles involved, plus any injuries you sustained.
- Collect the driver’s license and insurance information of the other party involved, as well as the license plate number and the year, make, model and color of the other vehicle.
- Ask for the contact information of any eyewitnesses.
- As soon as possible, write down what you can remember about the accident. This includes but is not limited to, the time and date, the exact location, the road conditions and your estimate of each driver’s speed. Remember, no detail is too small.
After you’ve gathered all the evidence…
Call an accident lawyer.
There is no need to wait until after you’ve received medical care or called your insurance company to contact an accident lawyer. In fact, it’s better to reach out to a lawyer beforehand to ensure seamless coordination with healthcare providers and safeguard your interests during the insurance claim process.
If you or someone you know was involved in a car accident, contact our office. With over 25 years of experience, the skilled personal injury attorneys at Custodio & Dubey LLP will guide you throughout the entire process and help secure the compensation you deserve.